Annunaki Genetics, established in 2012, embodies the tale of Adam, its founder. What began as an infatuation for growing garden flowers and ornamental shrubs quickly developed into a deeper appreciation of horticulture that included cannabis. Born with a natural green thumb and a keen eye for spotting exceptional plants, breeding came easy and he had no trouble introducing highly acclaimed varieties to the industry, including a couple back to back High Times Cannabis Cup medals in 2017 and 2018.
Some breeders hybridize for the highest THC percentage, or for a particular aroma, or for the quality of effects, but Annunaki focuses mostly on sheer garden performance above all else. Hardiness, heavy yields and tons of color come from the selections. Annunaki also focues on rare and unusual plant traits like mutated leaves (ABC & Purple Smooth Leaf), or special traits like powdery mildew resistance (Good Heavens, Halo, Purple Pineapple Express S1), or plants that bleed red sap (Sangue Amore), etc.
Running a true perpetual-garden where plants are in bloom every day of the year provides a tremendous opportunity to trial, evaluate, and spend real-world time with a large variety of cannabis plants.
A plant that consistently outperforms most everything else in the garden is the type of plant that Annunaki uses as a parent. There’s little tolerance for special-needs or finicky plants, and seedling plants are rejected, no matter the name or hype, if they are not up to standards.
WHAT MAKES ANNUNAKI DIFFERENT?
- Provide one of the best seed values in the industry;
- Offer value beyond the seeds themselves;
- Set a new industry standard for extensive cannabis cultivar information and photo documentation;
- Set the highest standards for customer service by preserving and improving customer satisfaction;
- Be one of the best in the world. If not, then why do it at all?
- We have a perpetual garden and keep 50 different varieties going at all times, which means we do more flowering and trialing of plants, than we do pollinating them.
- We sow our own seeds, we for phenotypes, and we flower out each and every one of our cannabis seed varieties before releasing them to the market as ‘proven’ seeds. We do not outsource these crucial ‘breeding’ steps.